Monday, November 30, 2009

i can see you

the dried red on the floor
the glint of cold stained steel
in the forever empty room
a weak foundation gave way
the tower collapsed
now the rubble is gone
now everything is gone
the stone is still turning
the ball of flame still reflects
from a white rock in the sky
everything is a true lie

have you found your answers?
have you found the infinite light of peace?
is there a great spiral beyond the sky?
something greater beyond the water?
is silence all I will know?

your blood is still alive in me.
your imprint in the sand is still there.
we will guard this passing moment
against the tides of history.
a watchfire in the darkness
armored against oblivion.
your memory will never die.

It's meant to be a little cryptic. What lies behind it is a short story and a long tale. In time, I will deal with the truth. For now, I can offer nothing more but this little piece of "emo poetry". It's a little longer than the shit I write in my school sketchbook - plenty of inspiration where it came from. The title is borrowed from Neurosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment