Sunday, December 6, 2009

fear

I have come to understand a few more things about death.

I do not fear the fact itself that I will die. In fact, I'm curious as to what's on the other side. I want to know, I want to see, but I may not get any answer until I leave the chains of this world behind.

However, I'm afraid of what would happen if I were to die, especially as it is today.

There would be a price to pay - a price of sorrow, paid from the tears of those closest to me. No matter how few or many they are, they would have to pay for the answers I would find.
There would be a void left behind, a void impossible to fill in.
I would probably feel guilty.
I do not want freedom at such a price.

There are so many things I haven't done or experienced. There are things I haven't told to those I love. There are places I want to see. This, also, is something I cannot ignore.

This is exactly why I want to live.

p.s. I'm taking the Twitter gadget off - it has gone insane for some reason, showing a certain "undefined"s tweet feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment