Friday, July 24, 2009

the beginning

I can't give you any guarantee on how long exactly will this blog keep running.
Since I'm not particularly extrovertive, writing things such as a blog has always been difficult for me. For similar reasons, what you'll see here will never be my entire self. Everyone has their most intimate secrets that they wish to keep.

Blogging for me has always been a kind of brief interest. When I was young, my grandmother sought to give me an outlet of creativity. We bought a piano and paid a teacher to teach me how to play. I quickly grew tired and unwilling - now, the piano is gathering dust in another room. It's been many years since that, but I'm still very wary of undertaking new creative activities. My family strongly suggests that I learn to sing in a choir or play a guitar. I'm interested in both to some extent, but the same anxiety is still bearing down on me - will I grow tired of both again and forsake them, to return to a life of introverted lazyness?
The whole problem applies to me and blogging. I've had several blogs over the course of many years, but all of them were eventually left aside, neglected and eventually consumed by Blogger to free up the space.
Yesterday in the evening, a fierce and powerful storm suddenly swept across our village. The power went out soon after the hurricane caused a draft in our house, powerful enough to completely obliterate the glass pane in my room's door. Without electricity, our family could be gathered once more around candlelight and I had the opportunity to talk, as none of us were restrained by pixels anymore. I brought up the topic of creativity and once again, a new blog was suggested (my father, who'll be following this, liked my previous blogging ventures a lot). Determined to entertain myself somehow during what is possibly the most boring and excruciating summer in my life, I decided to at least start this blog and give it a try to find out - maybe this one won't end up being neglected.

The title of the blog is derived from a song title - Backlit by Isis. I recommend checking out the lyrics as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment