Monday, January 17, 2011

silence and echoes

prowling those dreary halls
a dark mansion of twisted stone
the silence is overwhelming
nothing moves in the still daylight
except dust, slowly settling...

I crept past the creaking gate,
following your trail of warmth,
but I cannot sense it anymore.

how long have I been here?
the light is slowly fading,
the last moments of the day.

what of the night, then?
what strange things could rise
from these cobwebbed corners?

a sense of urgency...
I need to find you
before the night falls,
before it's too late,
I want to deliver you
from this dark and cold place.

so I call out your name...
the silence shatters loudly
the sound reverberates
from stone to dark stone
repeated in a nightmarish cacophony.

I dare not speak again,
I barely move after the echo,
paralyzed by fear of the strange things,
lurking deep within the silence.
I dare not wake them from slumber.

I creep forward,
how long has it been?
I still cannot find anything.
the sun is already setting...

No comments:

Post a Comment