Friday, January 1, 2010

resolutions?

An old year has died.

A full cycle of death and rebirth has completed to give way to a new one.

Normally, a new year is a time of resolutions that people settle on, goals to achieve...
Meaningless statements that lose their worth within up to a month, broken before they start meaning anything.

From year to year, I've never arrived at any resolution for each new year. I never really bothered. If you should arrive at a firm resolution for something, you don't need a specific time for it. Any time is good. Any day is good. Whatever works to align your will and set it in stone. If you let yourself be pressured into a resolution, it will lead you only to failure.

I have a lifelong resolution, however. A sort of motto. It's not hard to guess from this blog, I think.
Evolve.
Create something, preferably something positive.
Move forward in spite of everything.

A new year is a good way to remind myself of this. After all, a new year is another blank slate that we write upon.
(Though, personally, I feel that my life is chaptered differently, not in years - but in phases of life.)

I'm not a Star Trek geek, but there's a line from the show, which I believe is Spock's, which is a motto I really like...

Live long and prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment